Monday, August 22, 2011

decorating has began

Okay, so I have slowly began my house transformation. It appears like this is going to take a while lol. I have been spending several days looking through new home decor and trying to get a better idea of what i want.

So as of now i just basically know that i need more light in here. My house seems so dark (kind of depressing if i might add).

Right now i have a dark brown bedroom suite, which i have listed for sale. My plan is to sell this and get a metal white headboard for my room. Im going to do out with the standard dresser and instead im buying a 5 shelf white book case and putting in the closet. Then i will have baskets (with labels of course) of whats in it . e.g. t-shirts, undergarments, belts, ties. etc. I think this will really open up the room. My room is currently painted in a coral pink color. That has to go. So me and husby have decided to paint the room a very very light blue with a hint of gray and do an accent wall where our headboard will be. Lots of white, blues, and a small pinch of some green.

Little did i know, metal headboards (especially white) are very hard to come across without spending an arm and a leg (ouch!!). so i guess we will be buying a regular copper or brass one and painting it white!

I will be posting before and after pics once its completed so stay updated!

P>S. Any ideas on this room would be greatly appreciated! Im sort of still new to all this shabby chic stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment